Japan U-19 first win for scoring consecutive goals before final whistle – AFC U-19 Championship Myanmar 2014
12 October 2014
AFC U-19 Championship Myanmar 2014 Group Stage 2nd game
Sat. 11 October 2014 Kickoff 15:30 90min (45min x 2)
Wunna Theikhti Stadium（Myanmar/Naypyidaw）
Vietnam U-19 1-3 (1st 0-0, 2nd 1-3) Japan U-19
59min OKUGAWA Masaya (Japan)
90min HOANG THAANH TUNGA (Vietnam)
90+4min NAKATANI Shinnosuke (Japan)
90+6min IDEGUCHI Yosuke (Japan)
GK: NAKAMURA Kosuke
DF: HIROSE Rikuto, NAKATANI Shinnosuke, MIURA Genta, SAKAI Daisuke
MF: SEKINE Takahiro, KAWABE Hayao, IDEGUCHI Yosuke, MATSUMOTO Masaya
FW: MINAMINO Takumi, OCHI Yamato
GK: YOSHIMARU Kenshin, TAKAGIWA Toru
DF: ISHIDA Ryoma, UCHIYAMA Yuki, MOTEGI Rikiya, MIYAHARA Kazuya
MF: TAKAGI Daisuke, KANEKO Shota, MOCHIZUKI Reo, OKUGAWA Masaya
FW: ONAIU Ado, KITAGAWA Kohya
HT MATSUMOTO Masaya → OKUGAWA Masaya
56min HIROSE Rikuto→ ISHIDA Ryoma
83min KAWABE Hayao → MOCHIZUKI Reo
Second game against Vietnam National Team.
Japan was the side to attack in the first half. Sekine broke down right flank by dribbling and sent cross couple of times to the center but nobody could connect that ball for goal. But 30 minutes into the first half, scoring chance came up when unmarked Matsumoto shoot it but unfortunately it hit the crossbar and ended the first half.
Okugawa came off the bench for Matsumoto in the second half. Then in the 59th minute, substitute Okugawa intercepted deflected ball in the center of goal area and dribbled down the defence and shoot with his right feet. The shoot found left corner of the net for Japan’s opening goal. Continually Japan made chances in both flanks but hardly score additional goal partly due to good save by the other side goalkeeper.
In 88th minute, an accident occurred to Japan team. Okugawa who scored the opener injured right leg and left the pitch, Japan had to play the game with 10 players as all three substitutions were in already. In 90th minute, Vietnam picked up clear ball of Japan’s corner kick and launched counter-attack from right side and provided cross ball to the center for shoot and Japan was equalized in the last minute. At that time, only six minutes of extra time left in the game.
Japan was facing terrible pinch but the game wasn’t over yet. In 94th minute, Japan get corner kick in left and Nakatani netted home go-ahead goal for heading the corner kick from Mianmino. Furthermore, Ideguchi kept control the ball in right side in 96th minute broke down the defence line and kept dribbling to front of the goal, made it 3-1 with superb right feet shoot. The game was over and acquired badly needed three points for winning group stage.
IDEGUCHI Yosuke (Gamba Osaka)
It was the game in very hot weather under strong sunshine as kickoff was 15:30. Because of this, there were many times in the first half the other side took control of the game as we had hard time moving and making a right judgment. In second half, we began to do a better defence up in front and created some scoring chances. But as with the game against China, we had a difficult game until the last part of the game because we kept missing scoring opportunities. In spite of these, it was really good we won the match and for I believe we kept running until the final whistle. The next match is against Korea which we can never lose. We want to hold good preparation for the game and take on Korea.
ISHIDA Ryoma (Jubilo Iwata U-18)
The game against Vietnam is the one we can never lose. Due to Hirose’s injury and leaving the pitch, I went to the pitch fully motivated and I am glad I could overlap and provide cross which were my strong points. But I am not satisfied with today’s performance for finding something to improve and I am going to adjust them for the next match by holding full training.
NAKAMURA Kosuke (Kashiwa Reysol)
It was a tough game but I am very glad to win the game. I am going to prepare for the game against Korea day after tomorrow. I’d like to request for giving us your continuous support.
|AFC U-19 Championship Myanmar 2014|
|Thu. 9 October||1-2||vs China（Wunna Theik Stadium）|
|Sat. 11 October||3-1||vs Vietnam（Wunna Theik Stadium）|
|Mon. 13 October||15:30||vs Korea Republic（Wunna Theik Stadium）|
|Fri. 17 October||15:30/19:00||Quarter-finals（Wunna Theik Stadium）|
|Mon. 20 October||15:30/19:00||Semi-finals （Youth Training Center Stadium）|
|Thu. 23 October||19:00||Final （Youth Training Center Stadium)|
- National Teams U-19 Japan in AFC U-19 Championship Myanmar 2014 - report (10 October)
- National Teams Japan U-19 lost first match to China at AFC U-19 Championship Myanmar 2014
- National Teams U-19 Japan National Team activity report at 2014 AFC U-19 Championship in Myanmar (8 Oct)
- National Teams U-19 Japan National Team report at AFC U-19 Myanmar 2014 (10/7)
- National Teams U-19 Japan National Team activity report at 2014 AFC U-19 Championship in Myanmar (6 Oct)
- National Teams 2019/08/15 Japan Beach Soccer National Team loses to Portugal despite taking the lead twice - BSWW Mundialito Nazare 2019
- Competitions 2019/08/15 Oita Trinita wins over National Institute of Fitness and Sports in Kanoya to advance through to the 4th round of the Emperor's Cup JFA 99th Japan Football Championship
- Competitions 2019/08/15 Nagoya Oceans advances to Semi-finals for the first time in three years at the AFC Futsal Club Championship Thailand 2019
- National Teams 2019/08/14 Despite taking the lead Japan Beach Soccer National Team loses to Spain 2-4 at the BSWW Mundialito Nazare 2019
- Competitions 2019/08/13 Brincar FC claims second title at the JFA Vermont Cup 29th U-12 Japan Futsal Championship