Objective and Activities
As the entity presiding over and representing football in Japan, the Japan Football Association (JFA) aims to contribute to the healthy mental and physical development of people by creating a rich sports culture through football. The JFA is engaged in the following activities to accomplish its objective.
- Organising national football teams in each age group and category, dispatching teams to various competitions, and hosting competitions in which national teams participate.
- Organising the All Japan Football Championship (the Emperor’s Cup) and other football competitions.
- The development and education of football players, coaches, and officials and the promotion of the sport of football.
- The registration of players, teams, coaches, and officials.
- The management of intellectual properties and the licensing of trademarks.
- Social and international contribution.
- Any other activities required to accomplish the objective of the JFA.