Special License Player System
JFA/J.League Special License Player System
Objective and Conditions
This System aims to provide young football players with great talent and potential "a suitable environment in accordance with the player's ability." The system applies across different organisations and federations. The receiving J. League club team must be able to provide sufficient environment as well as a suitable plan to give the applicant necessary playing time, in order for the player to develop.
With the approval by the Japan Football Association (JFA), players who satisfy all qualifications listed below, will be allowed to play in official matches in the J. League without changing their registration status from their current registered team (University or High School)
- ・Players with an official offer to join the receiving J.League club team
- ・Players with Japanese citizenship or players who does not apply as foreign player
- ・Players with good health condition
- ・Players registered with teams under the Japan University Football Association, the All Japan High School Athletic Federation, or teams of the Japan Club Youth Federation Level 2 other than J. League club teams.
- *Secondary teams ran by universities listed above may also apply
Players approved as JFA/J.League Special License Player, with the acceptance of the registration described in the article 47 of the “J-League statute” may participate in the following matches.
・J1, J2, J3 League matches
・League Cup matches
・J-League Promotion/Relegation play-off matches
*all other official matches organised by J.League and JFA