Japan submits the “Bidding Registration” to FIFA in bid to host the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023™
12 April 2019
On 11 April, Japan Football Association (JFA) submitted the bidding registration to FIFA for their bid to host the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023TM.
It has been announced by FIFA that nine associations, including Japan, have submitted the expression of interest form by the deadline of 15 March, but these associations will become official candidates only after the submission of the bidding registration.
The bidding process will take place in the order listed below.
The key dates of the bidding process for the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023TM
|15 March 2019||Deadline to submit the completed expression of interest form to FIFA|
|18 March 2019||FIFA to dispatch the bidding registration and overview documents|
|16 April 2019||Deadline to submit the completed bidding registration to FIFA|
|18 April 2019||FIFA to dispatch hosting documents to the member associations that have returned the bidding registration by the above deadline|
|4 October 2019||Submission of the bid book, the signed hosting agreement and all other hosting documents to FIFA|
|March 2020||Expected appointment date of the host(s) by the FIFA Council|
- National Teams 2019/09/17 Japan Beach Soccer National Team Squad, Schedule - Beach Soccer International Friendly Tournament (9/27-29＠Okura Beach Park, Hyogo)
- 2019/09/17 CSR Relay Column Vol.3 "J.League’s Cooperation with the Society" - Committee for Social Responsibility Member MURAMATSU Kuniko
- National Teams 2019/09/16 U-16 Japan Women's National Team draws against Australia 0-0 in first match of the AFC U-16 Women's Championship Thailand 2019
- National Teams 2019/09/15 U-16 Japan Women's National Team holds final training session and official press-conference ahead of first match of the AFC U-16 Women's Championship Thailand 2019
- Japan Football Association 2019/09/12 New members appointed to FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 Japan Bid Committee