Activities in Academy
＊Lodging (Dormitory System) + Weekend Return Home
Students live at the JFA Academy Dormitory (renovated from former Kamiasa Elementary School) as they gain an opportunity for football training and comprehensive education.
We provide effective nurturing while they train, eat, rest and learn necessary subjects as a proper daily routine.
The students return home on weekends.
We only accept students who can return home with reasonable easiness at the end of each week.
- We renovated a building of former Kamiasa Elementary School (closed in March 2014) for the JFA Academy Imabari dormitory.
- Our dormitory is regarded as a place where students can make communications and interactions as well as receive education and learning opportunities, and improve literacy.
- It results in leaving their family at the period when they need it closely, but they can return home on every weekend.
- Regarding their overall life, we also cooperate with their school to support them.Our way of approach to the students is to collaborate with academy staff, school and local community to provide adequate care as well as keep close contact with their parents.
- In case of disease, injury, etc., we have adequate medical treatment led by academy's medical staff in conjunction with local medical institutions.
- Academy staff stays at the dormitory to be responsible for their dorm life.
Academy students attend local school Sakai City Asakura Junior High School for their school life.We also cooperate with local junior high school to put emphasis on school life and social life appropriate for junior high school students.
(3)Education besides school programme
Note: What is JFA Programme?
To foster human resources who can lead society as a true elite, we implement various JFA programmes as an academy apart from school curriculum. We focus specifically on acquisition of logical communication skill, language learning and leader education.We teach lifestyle necessary for students as an athlete to improve and bring out the performance.
Although JFA Academy Imabari offers training to improve students' individual skills but does not register as a JFA Imabari team to participate in official competitions. But we work on training matches as part of our training session.Each individual is to belong to his/her own team and return home on weekends to join their team's training and matches.
When it comes to living at dormitory away from parents and attending the local school in Imabari City, living their life with only football peers and football itself is not how it is supposed to be in their ages.
As well as various activities in school, we put focus on giving interactive opportunities with the local community in cooperation with the local city (Imabari City), Imabari City Education Board and the Ehime Football Association.