U-16 China PR Women's National Team holds training camp at J-GREEN Sakai (1/20-31)
08 February 2019
The U-16 China PR Women's National Team, led by the former Netherlands Women's National Team Coach Roger Reijners, held their training camp at J-GREEN Sakai in Osaka from Sunday 20 to Thursday 31 January. The camp was held in preparation for the AFC U-16 Women's Championship, which will take place in late February and serve as the Asian Qualification round for the FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 2020.
The team was seen devoting their time to strengthen the team as they conducted five training-matches against local high school women’s football teams during their stay.
The results of the training-matches were as follow:
|Wed. 23 January||○ 1-0(0-0,0-0,1-0)
|vs Osaka Toin Senior High School Women's Football Team|
|Thu. 24 January||● 0-2(0-1,0-1)
|vs Daisho Gakuen High School Women's Football Team|
|Sun. 27 January||● 0-3(0-2,0-1)
|vs Hinomoto Gakuen Senior High School Women's Football Team|
|Tue. 29 January||△ 1-1(0-1,1-0)
|vs Osaka Gakugei Senior High School Women's Football Team|
|Wed. 30 January||△ 1-1(0-1,0-0,1-0)
|vs JFA Academy Ladies Sakai U-15|
During their stay, the players were seen enjoying their time off the pitch as they toured around Osaka and spent time shopping at the outlet mall.
Roger Reijners, Coach (U-16 China PR Women's National Team)
This training camp turned out to be a very interesting event for us. By facing high-quality teams, we were given the opportunity to observe how teams can develop and progress. The camp was held under such wonderful facilities and environment, which allowed us to understand how highly the presence of women’s football is recognised, not only in Osaka, but in Japan. We have great confidence in ourselves, but by facing strong teams, we can feel our potential to become an even better team. That’s something we have felt and learnt from this camp.
Wen Sun, Women's Youth Technical Director (Chinese Football Association)
We have held a training camp at the same city last May and managed to conduct a productive camp under such wonderful environment, so that is why we came back to Osaka to hold another camp. By facing opponents that are much stronger than us, the players and coaches were given the opportunity to improve themselves, and that alone is a great accomplishment for holding this camp. I would like to thank the JFA, J-GREEN Sakai, and the teams we faced during our stay for making this camp possible.
Wang Xinling, Captain Candidate
The teams we faced during this camp were so strong that there were times we couldn’t give our best performance. It gave us a great learning experience. Prior to the matches, we didn’t know how strong or how our opponents will come out and play, so we were given the opportunity to make the adjustments on the pitch while facing teams that are stronger than us.
Accepting teams from the AFC Member Associations to hold training camps in Japan
Upon receiving requests to hold training camps in Japan, JFA will make all arrangements including training-matches in efforts to support the strengthening of the national teams of the Member Associations.
For More Information
- 2018/09/19 U-16 Vietnam National Team holds training camp in Gotemba, Shizuoka (9/1-11)
- 2018/09/14 U-19 Vietnam National Team holds training camp in Gotemba, Shizuoka (8/28-9/8)
- 2018/09/10 Northern Mariana Islands Women's National Team holds training camp in Kanagawa (8/27-31)
- 2018/09/05 Guam National Team holds training camp in J-GREEN Sakai (8/24-30)
- National Teams 2019/06/19 Nadeshiko Japan must “Stay on the same page and strive to win” against England at the FIFA Women's World Cup France 2019
- National Teams 2019/06/18 SAMURAI BLUE loses to Chile 0-4 at the CONMEBOL Copa America Brazil 2019
- National Teams 2019/06/18 Nadeshiko Japan shuts out media to hold training session at the FIFA Women's World Cup France 2019
- National Teams 2019/06/17 SAMURAI BLUE to face Chile with “Courage and Persistency” at the CONMEBOL Copa America Brazil 2019
- National Teams 2019/06/17 Nadeshiko Japan takes a day off ahead of match against England at the FIFA Women's World Cup France 2019