Japanese Instructor Mr. HOSAKA Takuro dispatched to Hong Kong
11 May 2021
In efforts to support the development of football in Asia, Japan Football Association (JFA) has been dispatching instructors to many regions of Asia. Most recently, Mr. HOSAKA Takuro was dispatched to Hong Kong to serve as the coach of U-16 Hong Kong National Team and Head of Elite Youth.
Mr. Vincent YUEN, General Secretary, Hong Kong Football Association
We extend our cordial welcome to Mr. HOSAKA Takuro for assuming the position as HKFA’s Head of Elite Youth and Head Coach for Hong Kong U-16 National Team. Mr. HOSAKA’s along-awaited arrival has three-fold significance to our latest efforts in the development of Hong Kong football. The COVID-19 pandemic renders a total suspension of youth football activities in Hong Kong for almost a year and it is very important for us to maintain our nurture of youth elites and re-ignite their interest and passion in football as soon as possible, or otherwise we shall lose a generation of potential players. On the other hand, the recent change in our strategy towards elite youth development, i.e. through the introduction of Premier Youth League and Youth Academies, both with support of public funding, means HKFA will inevitably play a more monitoring and supporting role to clubs/academies that imperatively required us to appoint well-experienced technical staff in the area. Last but not the least, JFA’s dispatch of Mr. HOSAKA to HKFA is yet again a project built on the regional fraternity and long-term brotherhood between the two associations. We are very much grateful to JFA for this support and looking forward to see Mr. HOSAKA having a successful time here.
Mr. Thorlakur ARNASON, Technical Director, Hong Kong Football Association
We are pleased to get Taku on board, his main focus will be coaching the U16/U14 Representative teams. Taku will furthermore be a member of the HKFA Technical staff monitoring and supporting the Youth Academies in Hong Kong.
HOSAKA Takuro, Coach of U-16 Hong Kong National Team/Head of Elite Youth
I have been appointed as the coach of U-16 Hong Kong National Team and Head of Elite Youth. I feel very grateful to be given this opportunity and will give my utmost effort to help the development of youth football in Hong Kong. In addition, as international understanding and cooperation are becoming more important in the wake of the Corona pandemic, through football, I would like to become a bridge between Japan and Hong Kong.
- Competitions 2022/07/01 Tosu and Iwata to square off for the top spot in the WEST - Prince Takamado Trophy JFA U-18 Football Premier League 2022
- National Teams 2022/06/30 Japan Futsal National Team to face Brazil in International Friendly Matches (9/15＠Shimane, 9/18＠Aichi)
- National Teams 2022/06/28 【Match Report】Nadeshiko Japan concede one goal but score five in consecutive matches to win big against Finland
- Competitions 2022/06/28 T-Dreams claim first national title after close battle - JFA 21st O-50 Japan Football Tournament
- Competitions 2022/06/27 Tosu defeat Higashi Fukuoka in a “Kyushu Showdown” to remain in first place - Prince Takamado Trophy JFA U-18 Football Premier League 2022