U-20 Japan National Team holds final training session ahead of their 3rd group stage match against Italy at the FIFA U-20 World Cup Poland 2019
29 May 2019
On Tuesday 28 May, the U-20 Japan National Team held a training session one day before their match against Italy.
The session was held under light rain with the temperature around 13 degrees Celsius. This was the first time during their stay in Poland where the team trained in the rain. However, despite the rainy weather, the players came out to the field with a positive vibe.
Prior to the training session, Coach KAGEYAMA Masanaga told his players, “Let’s prepare ourselves so that we can enter the match in the best condition possible.”Once the session started, the players were seen taking a light jog, followed by warmup routines that involved agility and reaction drills. After the first 15 minutes, the session went under closed doors.
The U-20 Japan National Team will face Italy on Wednesday 29 at 18:00 (25:00 Japan time), where a draw or better will take them through to the knockout stage.
DF #17 MIKUNI Kenedeiebusu (Avispa Fukuoka)
Our team has not lost a match yet and the atmosphere is very good. I have the impression that Italy has many tall and agile players, so I hope to showcase my strengths to challenge them when I have the opportunity. In order for us to take the group lead, we must win the match, so we will enter the match with a strong intention to win.
MF #16 YAMADA Kota (Yokohama F・Marinos)
We are starting to feel a bit fatigued, but we have been able to showcase a good performance so far, and everyone has been recovering well from the matches, so it’s not a negative fatigue. I know that a lot of people are cheering for us in Japan and many of my teammates at Yokohama F・Marinos have sent me words of encouragement. It makes me happy and realise that I am participating in a major tournament. The team is highly motivated, and we will give our utmost efforts to win the match to advance through to the next round.
FW #20 NAKAMURA Keito (Gamba Osaka)
We have been playing our matches with two-day rests and travelled long ways prior to our two matches, but I am not feeling tired that much. We have been able to eat Japanese food and spend our time comfortably. The team is communicating well off the pitch and we will enter our next match with a strong intention to win.
|FIFA U-20 World Cup Poland 2019|
|Thu. 23 May||1-1||1st Group Stage Match vs U-20 Ecuador National Team
(Bydgoszcz Stadium, Bydgoszcz)
|Fri. 24 May||AM||Training|
|Sat. 25 May||PM||Training|
|Sun. 26 May||3-0||2nd Group Stage Match vs U-20 Mexico National Team
(Gdynia Stadium, Gdynia)
|Mon. 27 May||PM||Training|
|Tue. 28 May||PM||Training|
|Wed. 29 May||18:00||3rd Group Stage Match vs U-20 Italy National Team
(Bydgoszcz Stadium, Bydgoszcz)
|Sun. 2 - Tue. 4 June||TBC||Round of 16|
|Fri. 7 or Sat. 8 June||TBC||Quarterfinals|
|Tue. 11 June||17:30/20:30||Semi-Finals|
|Fri. 14 June||20:30||3rd Place Match|
|Sat. 15 June||18:00||Final|
*The schedule is subject to change due to the team condition, the weather, etc.
FIFA U-20 World Cup Poland 2019
Tournament Dates: Thu. 23 May - Sat. 15 June 2019
Fri. 24 May 2019 03:30 (Japan time)
vs U-20 Ecuador National Team
Sun. 26 May 2019 22:30 (Japan time)
vs U-20 Mexico National Team
Thu. 30 May 2019 01:00 (Japan time)
vs U-20 Italy National Team
- National Teams 2019/05/27 U-20 Japan National Team wins over Mexico 3-0 to earn pivotal 3 points at the FIFA U-20 World Cup Poland 2019
- National Teams 2019/05/26 U-20 Japan National Team trains ahead of their second match against Mexico at the FIFA U-20 World Cup Poland 2019
- National Teams 2019/05/25 U-20 Japan National Team resumes training after first match of FIFA U-20 World Cup Poland 2019
- National Teams 2019/05/24 U-20 Japan National Team starts off tournament with 1-1 draw against Ecuador at the FIFA U-20 World Cup Poland 2019
- National Teams 2019/05/23 U-20 Japan National Team to face Ecuador in their first match of the FIFA U-20 World Cup Poland 2019
- Competitions 2020/09/17 Nara Club walks away with victory over Ococias Kyoto with last minute goal at the Emperor's Cup JFA 100th Japan Football Championship
- Competitions 2020/09/15 Online conference held ahead of the Emperor's Cup JFA 100th Japan Football Championship
- Coaches 2020/09/14 S-Licence Coaching Course 2020 Module 1/Intensive Course (1) Participant's Report Vol. 2
- National Teams 2020/09/14 U-16 Japan National Team Squad, Schedule - 2020 SBS Cup Dream Youth Soccer (9/21-22＠Shizuoka)
- Competitions 2020/09/14 Team captain propels Yokohama FM to their first victory! - Prince Takamado Trophy JFA U-18 Football Premier League 2020 Kanto