adidas Japan K.K. sign Football Japan National Teams’ official supplier agreement
06 November 2014
The Japan Football Association is pleased to announce a new contract with adidas Japan K.K to be the Football Japan National Teams’ official supplier from 2015. adidas Japan K.K will support all the Japan national teams, including SAMURAI BLUE, U-23 or other generations and Nadeshiko Japan (the Japan women's national team).
Comment from DAINI Kuniya, President of Japan Football Association
adidas Japan K.K has agreed in principle with the Japan Football Association that they will be the official supplier for eight years from 2015.
adidas Japan K.K has been supporting us as the official supplier since 1999. All the Japan national teams, including SAMURAI BLUE, have worn kits created by adidas Japan K.K with their latest technology, and these have performed in numerous international matches, such as the World Cups and the Olympics. It comes near to stating the obvious that Japanese football couldn’t have developed this much without the support from adidas Japan K.K.
Football is one of the most popular sports in the world. The achievements of SAMURAI BLUE and Nadeshiko Japan, as well as other national teams in each category, inspire boys and girls and make us proud.
We can contribute to achieving adidas Japan K.K’s vision: "OUR PASSION FOR SPORT MAKES THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE”, when Japan national teams play well internationally and get excellent results. So we’ll continue to do our best to develop players and coaches.
I believe we will develop Japanese football even more with the rock-solid support of Japan K.K.
Comment from Paul HARDISTY, President of adidas Japan K.K.
As the President of adidas Japan K.K., I am very pleased that we forged a partnership with the Japan Football Association, which will mark another step forward for Japanese football.
Our partnership with JFA has been continuing for a long term and it’s very special for us. Is started in the 1960s and we became their official supplier in 1999.
Since then, we have shared many achievements and look forward to many more, including the World Cup. adidas Japan K.K is approved by FIFA and helps football associations, clubs and players in various countries as a football leader.
We also focus our support on women’s football internationally and we are proud of supporting Japan, who is one of the strongest teams in Asia.
- Competitions 2022/07/01 Tosu and Iwata to square off for the top spot in the WEST - Prince Takamado Trophy JFA U-18 Football Premier League 2022
- National Teams 2022/06/30 Japan Futsal National Team to face Brazil in International Friendly Matches (9/15＠Shimane, 9/18＠Aichi)
- National Teams 2022/06/28 【Match Report】Nadeshiko Japan concede one goal but score five in consecutive matches to win big against Finland
- Competitions 2022/06/28 T-Dreams claim first national title after close battle - JFA 21st O-50 Japan Football Tournament
- Competitions 2022/06/27 Tosu defeat Higashi Fukuoka in a “Kyushu Showdown” to remain in first place - Prince Takamado Trophy JFA U-18 Football Premier League 2022