Nadeshiko Japan start preparations for game against Ghana in Yamagata at Saturday 13 Sep
10 September 2014
Nadeshiko Japan started their preparation in Yamagata for the ‘Nadeshiko Japan WORLD MATCH’ against the Ghana women’s national team at the NDsoft Stadium Yamagata on Saturday 13 September and for the following Asian Games.
Under the blazing sun, the players started with some shuttle runs in order to record their cardiac rate on the first day. In the following hour, they moved on to passing and controlling practices, thinking of the importance of ‘going forward’, and then they had a seven-on-seven mini practice match with one free player. Although Iwashimizu could not join due to injury, the 17 players, including three new faces, participated in the training session with smiles on their face.
It will be the first time that a Nadeshiko Japan match has been held in Yamagata. The Japan Football Association organises the
Japan national teams’ matches in each category, including SAMURAI BLUE and the Futsal Japan National Team, in various places throughout the country in order to spread football and futsal. The games of Nadeshiko Japan have been held in many areas, such as Shikoku, Kyushu, Kansai and Kanto, over the past few years. The player will build up positive momentum for the Asian Games with some help from the supporters, who are so excited to see a Nadeshiko Japan match for the first time.
SASAKI Norio, Head Coach
We were welcomed by the beautiful air and wonderful weather in Yamagata. We’d like to practice thoroughly, eat well and get ourselves ready. Even though it was the first day, the players showed that they are in great condition - partially because it’s also in the middle of the league. I’ll select many different players for the game against Ghana on 13 September, thinking of the coming Asian Games, which will start next week, and the FIFA Women's World Cup in next year. I hope the players will improve their ability to adjust to Ghana’s distinctive rhythm.
We’ll show you Nadeshiko’s style - never give up until the last whistle. I’ll see you at the stadium.
MIYAMA Aya （Okayama Yunogo Belle）
Although there are some new players and it’s the first day of the training, I think we played well together as a team, staying vocal. I’d like to know each player’s character and skills before the match against Ghana, so that we can coordinate well together. We already have our base. So I’d like to share ‘our mutual understanding’ again and show individual improvement in preparation for the coming championship. I think the basics are the most important thing against any county, including Ghana. As we won the championship in the previous Asian Games, other countries will see us as a champion. We can’t lose at all in Asia now. The first match is vital. I’d like to do whatever I can everyday in order to win every game.
To be honest, I was very surprised to be chosen for Nadeshiko Japan. I’m over the moon, as it has been always my aim. In my first training session, many players, including Miyama and the defender Osafune, called to me, creating a very positive atmosphere. I think my particular skill is a swift start to prevent the opponent’s chances and a strong close touch of the ball, but I realised there are many things that I can improve on. I must improve the speed of my movement and decision-mkaing, so that I can assess the situation. My preparation has just started. So I’d like to aim at a much higher place and improve my strong points.
Nadeshiko Japan WORLD MATCH
Nadeshiko Japan (Japan Women's National Team)vs. Ghana National Team
Saturday 13 September 2014 Kick Off at 19:00 (estimate time) / Open 17:00 (estimate time)
- National Teams 2014/09/09 Ghana Women's National Team Member - Nadeshiko Japan WORLD MATCH (9/13 @Yamagata/ND Stadium)
- National Teams 2014/08/22 Nadeshiko target back-to-back trophy - Squad for Asian Games announced
- National Teams 2014/08/21 Nadeshiko Japan squad for World Match(9/13)and 17th Asian Games Incheon 2014 announced
- Players Development 2019/09/19 JFA Academy Fukushima Men's U-17/U-18 players return from national team activities
- Competitions 2019/09/19 Ventforet Kofu defeats Hosei University in overtime at the 99th Emperor's Cup
- Competitions 2019/09/19 Top two teams of the EAST clash as Kashiwa and Aomori Yamada face each other in the 14th Sec. of the Prince Takamado Trophy JFA U-18 Football Premier League
- Competitions 2019/09/18 Urawa advances to Semi-finals with advantage in away-goals over Shanghai SIPG - AFC Champions League 2019
- Coaches 2019/09/18 S-Licence Coaching Course 2019 Module 3/Intensive Course (6) Participant's Report Vol. 8