Japanese coaches newly appointed in Cambodia and Philippines
05 February 2018
For the development of football in Asia, the Japan Football Association has been dispatching technical experts to many countries in Asia. Today we introduce Mr. MIZUSHIMA Musashi and Mr. HIRATA Reiji, who has just started their new assignment in Cambodia and Philippines respectively.
MIZUSHIMA Musashi, Coach of Cambodia Football Academy / U-19 Cambodia National Team
I have been assigned to coach for the Cambodia Football Academy and Cambodia U-19 National Team. The Japan Football Association has been working together with the Asian Football Confederation to promote football here in Cambodia. Referee Director Mr. KARAKIDA Tetsu and Technical Director Mr. OHARA Kazunori have already been working for their duty for many years in this country, while Mr. IKI and Mr. INOUE what they have done, and as a successor, I will do my best to improve the U-19 team. I have a strong sympathy with the vision put up by the President of the Football Federation of Cambodia, General Sao Sokha, which “values discipline and aims to improve not just as football players but as human beings.” I will give my very best to fulfil the mission of the JFA and to contribute to the development of Cambodian football.
HIRATA Reiji, Head of Youth Development in Philippines
I have landed this beautiful country to work as the Head of Youth Development of the Philippines Football Federation (PFF). This country has a population of 100 million with an average age of 23. People here takes great care of their family, loves festivals, and football has been very popular recently. The national team consists with not only domestic players, but players with different roots, including players with German, English and Japanese backgrounds. The team is called “Azkals” meaning mixed-bred wild dog in the native Tagalog language and the team is gaining more and more recognition in Asia. This diversity is a strength that we can expand on. Working together with the PFF President Mr. Araneta and everyone involved, I will do my best to develop the youth and help football in the Philippines move forward.
- National Teams 2018/10/25 U-19 Japan National Team conducts final tune-up ahead of match against Iraq at AFC U-19 Championship Indonesia 2018
- National Teams 2018/10/24 Japan Beach Soccer National Team squad, schedule - UAE Tour (10/28-11/8)
- Competitions 2018/10/24 Quarterfinals of the 98th Emperor's Cup to be held on Wednesday 24 October
- National Teams 2018/10/24 U-19 Japan National Team prepares ahead of the final group stage match against Iraq at AFC U-19 Championship Indonesia 2018
- Japan Football Association 2018/10/23 JFA signed on partnership with Royal Belgian Football Association