Women’s U-23s lose to United States at La Manga tournament
03 March 2014
The Japan women’s U-23 side fell 1-0 to their American counterparts in their opening match of the Women’s U-23 Six Nations Tournament at La Manga, Spain, on Saturday.
After a goalless first half, the young Japanese side fell behind in the 56th minute through Kealia Ohai.
Japan, guided by Nakamura Jun, who is assistant to Nadeshiko coach Sasaki Norio, brought on different players as they tried to rally but they couldn’t produce a goal.
“We lost today but saw many positives in our performance,” said Nakamura. “We stayed fairly compact in defense and held the ball in attack. But we lacked finishing. We’ll work on our game before our next match.”
Japan will next play Norway on Monday and England on Wednesday.
- National Teams 2019/08/20 Japan Futsal National Team Short-listed Squad, Schedule - Training camp (8/26-28＠Kariya)
- Competitions 2019/08/18 Nagoya Oceans claims record breaking 4th AFC title with 6 consecutive wins at the AFC Futsal Club Championship Thailand 2019
- Competitions 2019/08/17 Fixtures set for the Round of 16 at the 99th Emperor's Cup
- National Teams 2019/08/16 Japan Beach Soccer National Team finishes in 4th place after loss to Senegal at the BSWW Mundialito Nazare 2019
- Competitions 2019/08/16 Nagoya Oceans advances to Final with win over Thai Son Nam at the AFC Futsal Club Championship Thailand 2019