U-15 Japan National Team returns from Italy to conclude activity - The 16th Delle Nazioni Tournament
08 May 2019
On Tuesday 7 May, the U-15 Japan National Team who were participating at the 16th Delle Nazioni Tournament returned to Japan to conclude their activity.
After finishing the tournament as the runners-up, the Japanese players were able to gain precious experience to build confidence and learn their weaknesses through the tournament. During the closing meeting held after the final match against Mexico, the players pledged that they will overcome the future tasks to become a better football player. The team spent their final day in Italy by visiting the sceneries of Verona and Milan before departing the country from the airport in Milan, giving the players an opportunity to soak in the Italian culture off the pitch.
The U-15 Japan National Team will now work to strengthen the team ahead of the qualifiers for the AFC U-16 Championship 2020.
MORIYAMA Yoshiro, Coach
Ahead of the AFC U-16 Championship 2020 qualifiers scheduled in September, this was the first tour abroad for the U-15 Japan National Team. During this tour, we were given plenty of time to spare, as we conducted five training sessions prior to the tournament. These sessions allowed the players to further understand the team strategy and give them a chance to be on the same page in terms of decision makings on the pitch. However, we saw many players making decisions after they received the ball. From the semi-final and final, we learned that we cannot compete with that kind of approach. The three group stage matches were played under rainy conditions and the pitch condition was not ideal for the Japanese players, but the team remained positive to fight through strong opponents like Turkey and Russia. With the team winning four consecutive matches, we played a wonderful match with great intensity at the final, but our opponents showed better quality at the final third to hand us our first loss. I want my players to remember this bitterness, the scene where the Mexican players celebrated at the closing ceremony while we shed our tears. I hope the players can organise the positives and negatives from this tournament and implement them to their future trainings to improve themselves as a player.
Although the weather didn’t cooperate with us during our 11-day stay in Italy, the meals served at our hotel were delicious and the warm hospitality provided by the restaurant staffs allowed us to spend a very comfortable time. It was also great that we were able to stop by Verona and Milan on our way to the airport. It gave us time to experience the Italian culture. I would like to thank our liaison, Mr. Federico, for all the support during our stay and sending us off at the airport in Milan. I would also like to thank the clubs, schools, and parents for understanding and allowing the players to join this team. Thank you very much.
|The 16th Delle Nazioni Tournament|
|Sat. 27 April||AM||Training|
|Sun. 28 April||5-3||1st Group Stage Match vs U-15 Turkey National Team
|Mon. 29 April||2-0||2nd Group Stage Match vs U-15 Russia National Team
|Tue. 30 April||4-0||3rd Group Stage Match vs U-15 UAE National Team
|Wed. 1 May||TBC||Training|
|Thu. 2 May||1-0||Semi-Final vs U-15 Austria National Team
|Fri. 3 May||TBC||Training|
|Sat. 4 May||1-2||Final vs U-15 Mexico National Team
(Gradisca d'Isonzo, Italy)
|Sun. 5 May||TBC||TBC|
*The schedule is subject to change due to the team condition, the weather, etc.
The 16th Delle Nazioni Tournament
Tournament Dates: Sat. 27 April - Sat. 4 May 2019
- National Teams 2019/05/05 U-15 Japan National Team finishes as Runners-up after losing close match to Mexico at the 16th Delle Nazioni Tournament
- National Teams 2019/05/03 U-15 Japan National Team wins over Austria to advance to the Final of the 16th Delle Nazioni Tournament
- National Teams 2019/04/29 U-15 Japan National Team wins first match against Turkey at the 16th Delle Nazioni Tournament
- National Teams 2019/10/14 Promotional event held at Saitama Stadium 2002 to support the Japanese Bid to host the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023
- National Teams 2019/10/14 SAMURAI BLUE conducts training session behind closed doors at Tajikistan - 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar Asian Qualification Round 2
- National Teams 2019/10/13 SAMURAI BLUE holds first training session at Tajikistan - 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar Asian Qualification Round 2
- National Teams 2019/10/12 SAMURAI BLUE travels to Tajikistan ahead of 3rd match at the 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar Asian Qualification Round 2
- National Teams 2019/10/11 SAMURAI BLUE takes group lead with 6-0 victory over Mongolia - 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar Asian Qualification Round 2