Cambodia National Team arrive in Japan ahead of AFC U23 Asian Cup Uzbekistan 2022™ Qualifiers
16 October 2021
The Cambodian National Team, who will play against the Hong Kong National Team on Saturday 23 October and Japan National Team on Tuesday 26 October in the AFC U23 Asian Cup Uzbekistan 2022™ Qualifiers, arrived in Japan on Friday 15. The players and staff members entered the country after confirming negative for antigen tests conducted at the airport. The team will train in Fukushima to prepare for their matches scheduled to be held at J-Village Stadium.
HIROSE Ryu, Coach of Cambodia National Team
We will be entering this tournament as a challenger. Our main goal is to strengthen the team for the Southeast Asian Games scheduled to be held in Cambodia in 2023. We have brought some of our younger players so that they can gain international experience.
AFC U23 Asian Cup Uzbekistan 2022™ Qualifiers
Dates: Sat. 23 - Sun. 31 October 2021
Venue: J-Village Stadium (Fukushima)
- Competitions 2021/11/26 JFA 20th O-50 Japan Football Tournament to kick-off on 27 November in Tochigi
- Competitions 2021/11/26 Title race and relegation race intensifies… Which team will break out of the pack? - Prince Takamado Trophy JFA U-18 Football Premier League 2021
- National Teams 2021/11/25 Nadeshiko Japan’s Coach IKEDA Futoshi “Looking forward to seeing the team’s achievements and tasks” in match against Iceland
- National Teams 2021/11/25 U-15 Japan National Team short-listed squad - Training Camp (11/28-12/2＠JFA YUME Field)
- Competitions 2021/11/25 Empress's Cup JFA 43rd Japan Women's Football Championship to kick-off on 27 November