Japan Futsal National Team Squad - FIFA Futsal World Cup Lithuania 2021™【9/12-10/3】
25 August 2021
Coach: Bruno GARCIA (JFA National Coaching Staff)
Assistant Coach: KOGURE Kenichiro (JFA National Coaching Staff)
Assistant Coach: SUZUKI Ryuji (JFA National Coaching Staff)
GK Coach: UCHIYAMA Keitaro (JFA National Coaching Staff)
Physical Coach: SHIMOJI Tatsuaki (JFA National Coaching Staff)
2 PIRES Higor (Pescadola Machida)
1 SEKIGUCHI Yushi (Nagoya Oceans)
16 YAZAWA Daimu (Vasagey Oita)
11 HOSHI Shota (Nagoya Oceans)
14 NISHITANI Ryosuke (Nagoya Oceans)
5 MINAMOTO Akira (Tachikawa-Fuchu Athletic FC)
3 HOSHI Ryuta (Nagoya Oceans)
6 YOSHIKAWA Tomoki (Nagoya Oceans)
15 OLIVEIRA Arthur (Nagoya Oceans)
12 MORIMURA Takashi (Vasagey Oita)
7 MUROTA Yuki (Espolada Hokkaido)
10 HENMI Katsutoshi Rafael (SL Benfica/Portugal)
8 KATO Minami (Shriker Osaka)
4 YAGI Kiyoto (Nagoya Oceans)
9 SHIMIZU Kazuya (Cordoba Patrimonio/Spain)
13 MORI Gensuke (Pescadola Machida)
※The schedule is subject to change due to the team condition, weather, etc.
※PCR tests will be conducted to all staff members and players at the time of departure and return. The team will operate in accordance with the epidemic prevention measures set by the government after returning from the competition.
※In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, all trainings will be held behind closed doors.
※Players and staffs are asked to refrain from responding to requests for autographs, handshakes, photographs, etc.
We ask for your kind understanding and cooperation.
Comment of Coach Bruno GARCIA
Due to the worldwide spread of COVID-19, FIFA has decided to increase the number of roster spots per team for the World Cup, from the initial 14 players to 16 players. This is a great change for us, which allows us to construct an ideal squad from the perspective of age and position balance. The squad consists players of the younger generation, the generation that experienced the Asian Indoor-Martial Arts Games, and the generations above it. I have high hopes and feel elated to see the fusion among these three generations. This will be the first World Cup in nine years for Japan. We must acknowledge the fact that we failed to qualify for the previous World Cup and prove that we belong at the world stage. I feel that it is our mission to showcase a performance that proves that we are one of the top teams in the world. I strongly believe that this squad can make that to reality. It is important that we continue to make efforts to achieve our goal, and this provides us a great opportunity to reinforce our determination towards the World Cup.
- National Teams 2021/10/14 Nadeshiko Japan (Japan Women’s National Team) short-listed squad - Training Camp (10/18-24＠JFA YUME Field)
- Competitions 2021/10/14 Enticing matchups await in the 15th Sec. of the Prince Takamado Trophy JFA U-18 Football Premier League 2021
- National Teams 2021/10/12 Coach MORIYASU shares aspiration to get back on track “We are fully determined to win” against Australia
- Competitions 2021/10/11 Inter-High School Champions Aomori Yamada remain in first place with win over Omiya - Prince Takamado Trophy JFA U-18 Football Premier League 2021 EAST
- Competitions 2021/10/11 “Summer Champions” Nagoya defeat C. Osaka to claim fifth win - Prince Takamado Trophy JFA U-18 Football Premier League 2021 WEST