S-Licence Coaching Course 2019 Module 3/Intensive Course (6) Participant's Report Vol. 8
18 September 2019
During the S-Licence Coaching Course 2019 module 3 intensive course, each participant was given 20 minutes to hold a presentation on their assigned topics. 12 participants were involved in the first week.
Module3 Intensive Course (6)
Duration: Mon. 9 - Thu. 12 September
|Mon. 9 September||Afternoon: Professional coaching theory (TEGURAMORI Makoto/Coach of V-Varen Nagasaki), Presentation, Review of Coaching sessions during Short-course|
|Tue. 10 September||Morning: Coaching session
Afternoon: Presentation, Professional coaching theory (SUZUKI Jun/Class-S Instructor), Actions taken by J.League Academy (MASUMOTO Nobuhiro/J.League Football Department)
|Wed. 11 September||Morning: Coaching session
Afternoon: Presentation, Actions taken by JFA (TASHIMA Kohzo/JFA President)
|Thu. 12 September||Morning: Coaching session
Afternoon: Presentation, Professional coaching theory (KAGEYAMA Masanaga/Coach of U-18 Japan National Team)
Following the module 3 short-course held in early September, the S-Licence Coaching Course 2019 held its sixth intensive course at Mitsubishi Yowa Ground and Japan Institute of Sports Sciences (JISS).
At the lecture sessions, we were given the opportunity to listen to coach TEGURAMORI Makoto of V-Varen Nagasaki, JFA Class-S Instructor SUZUKI Jun, and coach KAGEYAMA Masanaga of the U-18 Japan National Team. Mr. Teguramori spoke about the importance to have a “will.” He explained using his own experience to tell us why it’s important to visualise your future path and the necessity to forecast possible changes that may occur to you. Mr. Suzuki shared his own experience on how he got his offer to become a coach. He spoke about the negotiation process, difficulties of building a team, and the tough decisions he had to make as a coach. Mr. Kageyama gave us a report on his recent experience at the FIFA U-20 World Cup Poland 2019. He utilised the final group stage match as an example to explain his thought process when selecting the squad. While the advancement to the knockout stage was at stake, he also had to consider the competition at the next round. We all joined the discussion to derive the best possible solution, but it was impossible to come up with a single answer. The discussion made us realise how difficult it can be for a coach to make a decision in a short period of time.
We were also given a lecture on the actions taken by the J.League Academies from Mr. MASUMOTO Nobuhiro (J.League Football Department/ Director of development division). President TASHIMA Kohzo from the JFA also paid a visit for us and shared his story on the actions taken by the JFA. His stories made us realise that we must all understand and implement the JFA principles and vision in order to make football a part of our culture.
Starting from this week, our presentation session has begun. In order to construct a logical presentation, we must have a deep understanding on the topic. Every participant had their own ways to convey their points, and there was a unique sense of nervousness surrounding the class. Everyone showed their own colour and there were many new findings from each presentation.
During the coaching session, we were asked to break down each theme in more details and conduct training sessions that implements each of the tactical details. Therefore, we held more detailed meetings to prepare for the training sessions, and as a result, we were able to gain a wider perspective.
I am looking forward for the Module3: Intensive Course (7), that will start next week. Next time, we will share the report from Mr. LEE Song Jun (Meiji Gakuin University).
- Coaches 2019/09/09 S-Licence Coaching Course 2019 Module 3/Short-course (2) Participant's Report Vol. 7
- Coaches 2019/06/24 S-Licence Coaching Course 2019 Module 2/Intensive Course (5) Participant's Report Vol. 6
- Coaches 2019/06/17 S-Licence Coaching Course 2019 Module 2/Intensive Course (4) Participant's Report Vol. 5
- Coaches 2019/06/11 S-Licence Coaching Course 2019 Module 2/Intensive Course (3) Participant's Report Vol. 4
- Coaches 2019/04/26 S-Licence Coaching Course 2019 Module 1/Intensive Course (2) Participant's Report Vol. 3
- National Teams 2019/10/18 U-17 Japan National Team arrives to their campsite in Sao Paulo - FIFA U-17 World Cup Brazil 2019
- National Teams 2019/10/16 U-17 Japan National Team starts training camp ahead of the FIFA U-17 World Cup Brazil 2019
- National Teams 2019/10/16 SAMURAI BLUE defeats Tajikistan to mark 3 consecutive victories - 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar Asian Qualification Round 2
- National Teams 2019/10/15 SAMURAI BLUE (Japan National Team) beats Tajikistan 3-0 ～FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ / AFC Asian Cup 2023™ Preliminary Joint Qualification - Round 2～
- National Teams 2019/10/15 U-22 Japan National Team comes from behind to win over Brazil