Syria National Team arrive in Japan for 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Asian Qualifiers Round 2
27 March 2016
Part of the Syria National Team, including three officials and five players, arrived at Haneda Airport late at night on 26 March to meet Japan for the final match of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Asian Qualifiers Round 2.
Syria won against Cambodia 6-0 in Oman before leaving for Japan.
The players seemed to be tired due to the long flight and staying up late, and moved to the hotel.
The rest of the team, eight more officials and 12 players, will join on 27 March.
Syria, who aim to book a ticket to the final qualifying round, will hold the first practice session in Japan on the evening of 27 March and an open session the following day, in preparation for the game against Japan on 29 March.
MHD ZAHER ALGHUNAIMI ALMEDANI
It’s my first time in Japan. I think Japanese football is very developed and many Japanese players are based abroad. Syria also have many players, who play in Oman or in other Gulf countries. I strongly feel that we need to earn three points in the coming match.
OMRO AL MIDANI
I came to Japan to play in the qualifiers for the Olympic in 2011 and this is my second visit. As the Japan National Team have already booked a place in the final qualifying round, Syria will earn three points to join Japan in the final qualifiers.
2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Asian Qualifiers Round 2 AFC Asian Cup UAE 2019 Preliminary Joint Qualification
SAMURAI BLUE (Japan National Team) vs Syria National Team
2016-3-29 (Tue.) - 19:30 (subject to change)
Saitama/Saitama Stadium 2002
Live broadcasting across Japan by tv asahi/NHK-BS１
- National Teams 2016/03/27 Undertaking more situational drills for Syria match –FIFA World Cup Russia Asian Qualifiers Round 2’s last match –
- National Teams 2016/03/26 Light conditioning day for SAMURAI BLUE
- National Teams 2016/03/25 SAMURAI BLUE hammer Afghanistan – FIFA World Cup Asian Qualifiers Round 2 Match 7
- National Teams 2016/03/24 Halilhodzic: Our goal is to win – Afghanistan match in World Cup Asian Qualifiers Round 2
- National Teams 2016/03/17 SAMURAI BLUE (Japan National Team) squad, schedule - 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia, AFC Asian Cup UAE 2019 Preliminary Joint Qualification vs. Afghanistan (3/24@Saitama Stadium 2002) vs. Syria (3/29@Saitama Stadium 2002)
- National Teams 2022/06/28 【Match Report】Nadeshiko Japan concede one goal but score five in consecutive matches to win big against Finland
- Competitions 2022/06/28 T-Dreams claim first national title after close battle - JFA 21st O-50 Japan Football Tournament
- Competitions 2022/06/27 Tosu defeat Higashi Fukuoka in a “Kyushu Showdown” to remain in first place - Prince Takamado Trophy JFA U-18 Football Premier League 2022
- National Teams 2022/06/25 【Match Report】Nadeshiko Japan score five goals en route to victory over Serbia
- Competitions 2022/06/24 Topflight confrontations including the “Tama River Clasico” to be held - Prince Takamado Trophy JFA U-18 Football Premier League 2022