Visit to Japanese School re-energises team before Kyrgyzstan match
05 May 2014
Futsal Japan National Team, fresh from two matches in the group stage, paid a visit to a local Japanese school, where the players were greeted with cheers from 60 pupils.
As they were still recovering from yesterday’s match against Uzbekistan, the players were joined by staff, including coach Miguel Rodrigo, in some stretches and games with the children. The players showed some of the pupils, who were not quite sure, how to stretch.
In the end they divided into two groups and played matches in the gymnasium and in the school grounds – naturally, they all wanted a kick about. There were smiles all round, and the players were refreshed and ready for the Kyrgyzstan match.
Comments From Players
INABA Kotaro (Bardral Urayasu Futbol Sala)
Today we went to the Japanese School in Ho Chi Minh City and I had a great time kicking the ball around with the children. As the Japanese School is close to where I used to live when I played for Thai Son Nam in Vietnam last year, it really took me back and I felt very refreshed. I think yesterday’s defeat was the kind of challenge that comes before greater success. I will focus entirely on the Kyrgyzstan match, believing that we can win the championship when we pull through together.
SATO Toru (Umacon Zaragoza Futbol Sala)
I felt really re-charged after today, enjoying myself spending time with the children at the Japanese School in Ho Chi Minh City. It is true that yesterday’s loss makes it difficult for us to get through the group stage, but we will overcome adversity as a team. Tomorrow I will play the last match of the group stage, as if it were the final.
FUJIWARA Jun (Bardral Urayasu Futbol Sala)
Today we went to the Japanese School for an event with the pupils. I felt very refreshed after spending time with the children, especially after yesterday’s defeat to Uzbekistan. Tomorrow will be the last match of the group stage against Kyrgyzstan. It will be a challenge to see whether or not we can go through to the next stage. But with the entire team working together, we will win the match.
|AFC Futsal Championship Vietnam 2014|
|Thu. 1 May||12 - 0||Group Stage 1st leg
vs. Korea National Futsal Team
(Ton Duc Thang University Stadium)
NHK BS1 Thu. 1 May 17:40 - 17:49
NHK BS1(Sub ch102) Thu. 1 May 17:49 - 20:00
TV Asahi Channel 2 Fri. 2 May 21:00 - 23:00
TV Asahi Channel 2 Tue. 13 May 17:00 - 19:00
|Sat. 3 May||1 - 2||Group Stage
vs. Uzbekistan National Futsal Team
（Phu Tho Stadium）
NHK BS1 Sun. 4 May 08:00 - 09:50
TV Asahi Channel 2 Sun. 4 May 20:30 - 22:30
TV Asahi Channel 2 Wed. 14 May 17:00 - 19:00
|Mon. 5 May||18：30||Group Stage
vs. Kirghiz National Futsal Team
（Phu Tho Stadium
NHK BS1 Mon 5 May 20:15 - 21:49
NHK BS1(Sub ch102) 5/5(月) 21:49 - 22:30
TV Asahi Channel 2 Tue. 6 May 21:00 - 23:00
TV Asahi Channel 2 Thu. 15 May 17:00 - 19:0
|Wed. 7 May||15：30
（Ton Duc Thang University Stadium）
|Thu. 8 May||15：30
（Phu Tho Stadium)
|Sat. 10 May||16：00||Third/Fourth-Place Match
（Phu Tho Stadium）
（Phu Tho Stadium)
※All match time is local time.
※The time for TV broadcasting is Japan time。
- National Teams Futsal Japan National Team fall short against Uzbekistan in AFC Championship group stage
- National Teams Futsal Japan National Team rejuvenated for Uzbekistan National Team
- National Teams Japan crush Korea in AFC Futsal Championships Opener
- National Teams The AFC Futsal Championships gets underway
- National Teams 2014/06/10 Japan National Team’s first practice session in Itu
- National Teams 2014/06/10 Japan Under-21 Squad enter training camp at J-GREEN Sakai
- National Teams 2014/06/10 New partnership with Japan Airlines on “JAL Next Athlete Miles” project “JAL Next Athlete Miles” takes off to support Youth National Teams
- Football Family 2014/06/10 [Joint Project with j-futsal] 2013 JFA Enjoy 5 Playback (Part 3)
- Players Development 2014/06/10 Japan Beach Football Coach Mendes holds fifth clinic in Osaka, Senan Satoumi Park