Myanmar Women’s National Team holds training camp in Niigata (13 to 25 July)
07 August 2017
Myanmar Women’s National Team held a 13-day training camp basing primarily at the Niigata Seiro Sports Center Albillage in Kitakanbara District, Niigata Prefecture from Thursday 13 to Tuesday 30 July. The camp was aimed at strengthening the team for the 29th Southeast Asian (SEA) Games Kuala Lumpur 2017. During their stay, the squad had a total of five training matches and went to see ‘The 21st International Youth Soccer in Niigata’ in addition to enjoying shopping on rest days. The Burmese team had a productive training camp coupled with various off-the-pitch activities as well. Furthermore, they received warm welcome and support from the local people in Niigata and were gifted uniforms from the College‘s Players before returning to Myanmar.
【Training Match Results】
16 July (Sun.) vs Albirex Niigata Ladies ●1-7 (0-2, 0-3, 1-2) 45min.×2, 30min.×1
19 July (Wed.) vs Niigata National Sports Festival Women's Selection Team ●0-2(0-0, 0-2) 45min.×2
20 July (Thu.) vs Niigata University of Health and Welfare Women's Football Team ●1-2(0-2, 1-0) 45min.×2
23 July (Sun.) vs Albirex Niigata Ladies U-18 ○5-0(4-0, 1-0) 45min.×2
23 July (Sun.) vs JAPAN College‘s Players Ladies ○1-0 30min.×1
Coach's and Players' Comments
Roger Reijners, Coach
First of all, I would like to express my heartfelt appreciation for the warm welcome and the wonderful facilities and accommodation that were provided for our team. I was also the coach of the team for the camp last May. Just as the last time, we were able to have a fruitful training camp with great support. We had five training matches against the top-quality opponents in Japan, where women’s football is one of the best in the world. It was a bit unfortunate that it rained often. However the ground conditions were hardly affected by the rain, and I must say that the quality of the pitch in Japan was better than what we have anticipated. This camp was a great experience not only for my players but also for all our staff and it provided us a perfect place to prepare for the SEA Games as well. It will not be easy to succeed in the tournament where we face many teams that are better than us, but we will do our best and aim as high as possible. Thank you very much and I look forward to seeing all of you again.
San San Maw
It was a long camp lasting nearly for two weeks. We had a fruitful training camp thanks to the great support we received from many people. We would like to thank everyone who supported this wonderful camp. Talking about myself, I’ve been to Japan several times and received warm welcome from the Japanese people in every one of my visits. Additionally, I think we should learn from their politeness and good manners as well. There are plenty to be learned from Japanese football, and it is also the football that we are aiming for. The camp provided us an excellent training ground for the Sea Games as well. Thank you very much again.
Than Than Htwe
Thank you very much for arranging many training matches for us. We had a highly productive camp by playing many practice games and having our daily training at a wonderful football facility. We were able to make a good preparation for the SEA Games in August and, at the same time, found many areas we need to work on as well. We are looking forward to coming back to Japan again.
Receiving teams of the AFC Member Associations for training camps in Japan
Upon receiving a request for a training camp in Japan, Japan Football Association will make all the arrangements including training matches to support the strengthening of the national teams of the Member Associations.
- 2017/08/04 Vietnam Women’s Futsal Team holds training camp in Saitama (24 to 30 July)
- 2017/07/27 U-22 Philippines National Team holds training camp in Shizuoka to strengthen their team ahead of AFC qualifiers
- 2017/07/20 JFA holds Women’s International Coaching Course in Osaka
- 2017/07/14 U-16 Bhutan National Team holds training camp in Kanagawa Prefecture
- 2017/07/07 U-14 China Women's National Team holds training camp in Sakai City, Osaka
- National Teams 2021/10/23 U-22 Japan National Team start final prep-work ahead of the AFC U23 Asian Cup Uzbekistan 2022™ Qualifiers
- National Teams 2021/10/22 Japan Beach Soccer National Team Squad - Intercontinental Beach Soccer Cup 2021 (11/2-6＠Dubai)
- National Teams 2021/10/22 AFC U23 Asian Cup Uzbekistan 2022™ Qualifiers to start! Japan to face Cambodia and Hong Kong
- Competitions 2021/10/22 Six postponed fixtures to take place this weekend - Prince Takamado Trophy JFA U-18 Football Premier League 2021
- National Teams 2021/10/21 Hong Kong National Team arrive in Japan ahead of AFC U23 Asian Cup Uzbekistan 2022™ Qualifiers