Japan lose three consecutive games with defeat to Russia in 3rd group stage match of VI World Women's Futsal Championship Guatemala 2015
27 November 2015
Group League 3rd Match vs Russia Women's Futsal National Team
2015-11-26 (Thu.) - 15:00 Playing Time 20min.×2
Domo Polideportivo 13 (Guatemala City, Guatemala)
Japan Women's Futsal National Team 0-2 (0-0, 0-2) Russia Women's Futsal National Team
27' Goal against (Russia Women's Futsal National Team)
39' Goal against (Russia Women's Futsal National Team)
GK: YAMASHITA Miyuki
FP: HOTTA Eriko, SEKINADA Minako, FUJITA Mio, KITAGAWA Kana
GK: YAMAMOTO Ayaka
FP: SAKURADA Miku, HIGASHIYAMA Maiko, SAKATA Mutsumi, KICHIBAYASHI Chikage, TAKAO Akari, NAKAJIMA Shiori, KATO Saori, AMISHIRO Anna
Japan Women's Futsal National Team met Russia for the final group stage match in the VI World Women's Futsal Championship Guatemala 2015. As Japan had not yet won a match in the group stage, they were desperate for a victory. The team replaced the goalkeeper, YAMAMOTO Ayaka, who had started the previous two games, with YAMASHITA Miyuki.
Although Russia pressed Japan with speed from the beginning of the match, Yamashita, who made her debut in this championship, made a number of strong saves.
Japan had a solid defence, but could not create any goal-scoring opportunities in attack. The match went into half time at 0-0.
Shortly after the second half started, KITAGAWA Kana turned with the ball to pass to SEKINADA Minako, who took a shot, creating the very first goal-scoring opportunity for Japan. However, Russia defended strongly and the game stayed scoreless.
After seven minutes in the second half, the opponent intercepted the ball in front of Japan’s goal, and passed it around to strike the opener. Japan attacked back soon after. HOTTA Eriko dribbled through and sent a superb ball to AMISHIRO Anna, who ran towards the goal. Unfortunately, the coordination did not work well, and Japan could not score with their opportunity.
Japan committed more than five fouls in the second half, letting Russia earn two penalty. Although Yamashita saved those two, Japan conceded a goal just two minutes before the final whistle. Japan lost the third match of the group stage 2-0, ending in fourth place in group B. A desperate Japan will play against the Iran Women's Futsal National Team, who are in fourth place in group A, to decide seventh and eighth place on 27 November (local time).
YAMASHITA Miyuki (Amarelo/Mine FC)
I was a little nervous today, as I was on the pitch in the third game for the first time in this championship. Japan couldn't create many goal-scoring opportunities in the first half. So as a goalkeeper, I was focusing on not to concede a goal at all, and we could finish the first half scoreless. However, we let the opponent score two goals in the second half, and lost the game. I felt really frustrated. As Japan lost three consecutive matches so far, I am determine to win tomorrow’s game.
SEKINADA Minako (arco-iris KOBE)
As I haven’t been on the pitch long enough in the previous two games, I was determined to contribute to the team with good plays when I was told to start today’s match. Although we were overwhelmed with the opponent’s speed at the beginning of the game, I think I picked up my pace gradually with my teammates’ support.
Having said that, we couldn’t strike goals with our scoring-opportunities in the second half, and ended up losing the match. Tomorrow we’ll meet Iran, to whom we lost in the final of the AFC Futsal Championship in September. So we’ll aim win the game as a team to finish the championship.
|VI World Women's Futsal Championship Guatemala 2015|
|Tue. 24 November||1-2||vs Guatemala （Group Stage）|
|Wed. 25 November||2-5||vs Spain （Group Stage）|
|Thu. 26 November||0-2||vs Russia （Group Stage）|
|Fri. 27 November||17:30||7/8th vs Iran|
*The schedule is subject to change due to the team condtion, the weather, etc.
VI World Women's Futsal Championship Guatemala 2015
GroupA: Brazil, Portugal, Iran, Costa Rica
GroupB: Spain, Russia, Japan, Guatemala
Venue: Domo Polideportivo Zona 13, Guatemala City, Guatemala
- National Teams Japan take loss to Spain in VI World Women's Futsal Championship Guatemala 2015
- National Teams Japan lose 1-2 to Guatemala in 1st group stage match of VI World Women's Futsal Championship Guatemala 2015
- National Teams Japan squad arrive in Guatemala for VI World Women's Futsal Championship Guatemala 2015
- National Teams Japan Women's Futsal National Team play against men in practice matches for VI World Women's Futsal Championship Guatemala 2015
- National Teams Japan Women's Futsal National Team squad, schedule - VI World Women's Futsal Championship Guatemala 2015
- National Teams 2022/11/27 Coach Moriyasu prepares SAMURAI BLUE ahead of “Crucial match” against Costa Rica
- National Teams 2022/11/27 【Match Report】U-15 Japan National Team lose to Spain in penalties
- National Teams 2022/11/26 SAMURAI BLUE train behind closed doors ahead of match against Costa Rica
- Referees 2022/11/26 YAMASHITA Yoshimi appointed as the fourth official for Group F match between Belgium and Morocco at the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™
- National Teams 2022/11/25 SAMURAI BLUE resume training ahead of match against Costa Rica