Nadeshiko Japan hold first training in the land of FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015
23 October 2014
Nadeshiko Japan started training camp in Canada for two of international friendly matches against Canada Women’s National Team. The squad left Japan on 21st October and joined the players who play in European clubs at Edmonton. On 22nd the next day, twenty players except Iwabuchi who delayed in joining the team due to her flight, took part in first training.
The players tried to get used to the place by aggressively doing exercise in the morning and afternoon as they are tired for time difference and a long flight. Following 15 minutes of jogging in the morning, they held light programs of kicking and passing. The training was started to check the feeling and ball reaction of artificial turf in the training venue which was set up for FIFA Women’s World Cup.
The temperature was not that cold at 14℃ but sometimes chilly wind blows and the weather makes you want to find a coat. In the afternoon, they worked on the menu warming up using ball and game-format practice for an hour and half.
This Canada tour presents an excellent opportunity to make various simulations in the place of the World Cup including the game against Canada Women’s national team, beefing up the squad as hosting countries. ”I want to make strongest team for the FIFA Women’s World Cup next year. I am in the process of selecting best members as I drawing the big picture. Playing in overseas is not automatically translated as Nadeshiko Japan member. I want to turn severe eyes on them and I tell you what this tour is going to be a chance for me as well as players.” said head coach Sasaki.
First game will be on Sat. October 2014, kickoff at 14:00 (5:00 next day in Japan time) and second game on Tue. 28 October, kickoff at 19:00 (11:00 next day in Japan time).
FW OHNO Shinobu (Arsenal Ladies FC/England)
This is a good preparation for the Women’s World Cup to play game against hosting country and I want to show good performance for not wasting time. I think we have to make it a good game to bring about something productive for us. I want to express about my experience of playing in England on the pitch, for example eagerness for scoring goal, rather than in words. It will be just a matter of time before the Women’s World Cup. In order to be selected, I know I have to do something meaningful in Nadeshiko Japan and the club.
DF KUMAGAI Saki (Olympique Lyonnais/France)
I am really happy to meet everybody after long time and I guess it is important to get this kind of atmosphere. I am putting emphasis on the strength of one-on-one. Understanding never losing one-on-one definitely leads to superiority of 11-on-11, I want to demonstrate this competitiveness in the training as well as the game. This means a lot to play in the same pitch and the same venue as the Women’s World Cup next year. There won’t be many occasions to meet national team members together before that tine and I want to get focused and work out to see how much we can get something out of it.
International Friendly Match Nadeshiko Japan vs. Canada Women’s National Team
1st Match Edmonton/Canada
Local Time: Sat. 25 October 2014 Kickoff 14:00 (plan)
JST*: Sun. 26 October 2014 Kickoff 5:00 (plan)
2nd Match Vancouver/Canada
Local Time: Tue. 28 October 2014 Kickoff 19:00 (plan)
JST*: Wed. 29 October 2014 Kickoff 11:00 (plan)
Note: *JST: Japan Standard Time
- National Teams 2014/10/17 9 players based in Europe selected for Nadeshiko Japan’s Canada tour squad
- National Teams 2014/10/16 Nadeshiko Japan (Japan Women's National Team) member and schedule - International Friendly Match vs. Canada Women's National Team (10/25, 28@Canada)
- National Teams 2014/10/02 Nadeshiko Japan lose the final 1-3 against Korea DPR at the 17th Asian Games
- Referees 2022/11/30 YAMASHITA Yoshimi appointed as the fourth official for Group F match between Canada and Morocco at the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™
- National Teams 2022/11/29 SAMURAI BLUE resume training ahead of match against Spain
- Japan Football Association 2022/11/29 JFA renews partnership with The Football Association
- Referees 2022/11/29 YAMASHITA Yoshimi appointed as the fourth official for Group B match between Wales and England at the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™
- National Teams 2022/11/28 【Match Report】SAMURAI BLUE suffer painful loss to Costa Rica