Philippines Women’s National Team holds a training camp in Kanagawa (1 to 9 August)
22 August 2017
Philippines Women’s National Team held a training camp at Seisa Hakone Sengokuhara Sports Club in Kanagawa Prefecture from 1 to 9 August 2017.
The camp was aimed at strengthening the team for the 29th Southeast Asian Games which has been taken place in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 14 August 2017. During their stay, the national team had three training matches.
Training Match Results
4 August (Fri.) vs Nojima Stella Kanagawa Sagamihara ● 0-8 (0-6) 30min.×2
6 August (Sun.) vs Yamanashi Gakuin University ●0-3 (0-3) 45min.×2
8 August (Tue.) vs Kanagawa National Sports Festival Women's Selection Team ●0-4 (0-1) 35min.×2
In the aforementioned tournament, Philippines Women’s National Team beat hosts Malaysia 2-1 in their opening game, but fell 3-0 to Vietnam in their subsequent match. The team will face Myanmar in their third match on 22 August 2017.
Coaches' and Players' Comments
Marnelli Dimzon, Coach
The Philippines Women's National Team are truly grateful for the productive time spent at Seisa Hakone Sports Club. From the training grounds to the food service were more than enough to aid us in our preparation for our upcoming tournament. We appreciate Seisa staff for treating the team as part of a family and also JFA for allowing the Philippines Women's National Team to do the camp here in Japan. Our stay in Hakone Sports Club will definitely be an unforgettable team experience. We admire Japanese football which we consider to be the best in Asia. Our friendly games helped us to learn the high standard of game in Japan and to determine the things we need to improve. We are hoping someday we can reach the level of Japan Women's football.
Patrice Impelido, Captain
I am very pleased to have our first training camp abroad in Japan. During the training camp, we had friendly games against Nadeshiko League Division 1 Team ‘Nojima Stella Kanagawa Sagamihara’ and many other potent teams that we cannot usually face in the Philippines. We have learned a lot from playing these games. This was my first time visiting Japan, and the climate in Hakone was milder than in the Philippines. Also, all the staff of the training facility were hospitable and made our stay very comfortable. We gained a valuable experience not only in football but also from getting to know Japanese culture and cuisine and meeting with many friendly people here. I would like to thank all the people who supported this camp.
Inna Palacios, Player
I would like to thank the staff from the training facility. They were very kind to us and the facility was kept clean. We did not find any difficulty staying here. The training room, shower room and dining room were all located nearby and all the players enjoyed their stay here as well. In the friendly games, every opponents we faced were tactical and had a clear strategy of how to play the game. I have learned a lot from playing these games and this camp turned out to be a wonderful experience for myself and the team as well. I would like to come back to Japan again.
Receiving teams of the AFC Member Associations for training camps in Japan
Upon receiving a request for a training camp in Japan, Japan Football Association will make all the arrangements including training matches to support the strengthening of the national teams of the Member Associations.
- 2017/08/18 Nepal National Team holds training camp in Kobe and Osaka (12 to 20 August)
- 2017/08/07 Myanmar Women’s National Team holds training camp in Niigata (13 to 25 July)
- 2017/08/04 Vietnam Women’s Futsal Team holds training camp in Saitama (24 to 30 July)
- 2017/07/27 U-22 Philippines National Team holds training camp in Shizuoka to strengthen their team ahead of AFC qualifiers
- 2017/07/20 JFA holds Women’s International Coaching Course in Osaka
- Competitions 2021/12/03 Hiroshima to play a match with plenty of title implications in the WEST - Prince Takamado Trophy JFA U-18 Football Premier League 2021
- Competitions 2021/12/02 The top three teams of the Nadeshiko League to make appearance from the second round of the Empress's Cup JFA 43rd Japan Women's Football Championship
- National Teams 2021/11/30 【Match Report】International Friendly Match between Nadeshiko Japan and Netherlands Women's National Team ends in a scoreless draw
- Japan Football Association 2021/11/30 JFA renews partnership with FC Bayern München
- Competitions 2021/11/30 Shijukara Club Tokyo 50 crowned as champions for the first time at the JFA 20th O-50 Japan Football Tournament