U-22 Japan to play against Vietnam on 29 March at AFC U-23 Championship 2016 Qualifiers (Olympic 1st qualifying round)
29 March 2015
The day following Japan’s victory over Macau, the U-22 Japan National Team held a training session in two groups on Saturday 28 Match. The eleven players, who had been on the pitch more than 45 minutes in yesterday’s game, did some recovery training, while the other 12 players did some practice on the ground.
The temperature was 35 degrees C and the humidity was 47% at 10:00 in the morning. Under the scorching sun, the players were divided into groups of six to practice passing and controlling, and trained to keep possession in four-on-two + two-on-four formation. Then they practiced from the combination move to the shot, finishing their 60-minute practice session.
The team will meet an opponent who has also gained three points, on Sunday 29 March. If Japan beat Vietnam, who is lead by head coach MIURA Toshiya, and Malaysia either lose to or draw with Macau, Japan can get a place in the Olympic 1st qualifying round.
TEGURAMORI Makoto（Head Coach U-22 Japan National Team）
I went to watch the match between Malaysia and Vietnam, which was held after Japan’s game. I received the impression that the head coach MIURA Toshiya taught the players systematic tactics as well. At the same time, under pressure the players showed their aggressive and swift play up and down the pitch. I told my players to expect an aggressive game. I also told them that the speed of play and judgment, and positioning would be vital in tomorrow’s game. We need to keep up a strong spirit near the ball and keep playing better combination and positioning to avoid a struggle near the ball. I think Vietnam might focus on defence so as not to concede a goal, rather than winning against us, because they have already won one match. Having said that, they might start hankering after a victory after scoring one goal and show their aggressive play just like yesterday. Even if we have acclimatised to the heat, Vietnam’s players tend to be better in this climate. Although I’ll use some other players from the starting line-up of our first match, I’d like to show that Japan can keep our quality up even if we change the players.
FW 13 MINAMINO Takumi（Salzburg／Austria）
I came to Malaysia, hoping to contribute to the team, so that we can achieve our goal of getting through the qualifying round. Although the climate in Malaysia is very tough, as there is quite a temperature difference from Europe, we have prepared to acclimatise to the heat for a week and we got used to it. Yesterday’s match was the first one of three consecutive games. So I was pleased that we won it. Having said that, we made many mistakes before we scored the sixth of seven goals. I’d like to fix it before the next match. If we increase our quality, I believe we can get through this qualifying round. As I’m an attacking player, I’d like to score myself or assist a goal to contribute to my team.
DF 50 ANZAI Kazuki（Tokyo Verdy）
I learned a lot about the team’s concept through this long-term activity, as I hadn’t spent much time in the U-22 Japan National Team before. I think I got used to this heat a little compared to when I just arrived in Malaysia. I came off the bench in the 77th minute in yesterday’s match. The situation wasn’t bad at all, as we kept a good lead. I think I carried out the combinations smoothly just like we did in our practice session. We must win the coming two consecutive games. So I’d like to contribute to the team in order to get a good result and to play well as a team. As my strength is my left foot, I’d like to show that.
|Mon. 9 March||PM||Training|
|Tue. 10 March||PM||Official Training|
|Wed. 11 March||9-0||International Friendly vs. Myanmmar U-22 National Team
（＠Fukuda Denshi Arena）
|Tue. 17 March||AM||Training|
|Wed. 18 March||AM/PM||Training|
|Thu. 19 March||AM/PM||Training|
|Fri. 20 March||PM||Training|
|Sat. 21 March||4-1||vs Sime Darby FC (Selayang Stadium / Malaysia)|
|Mon. 23 March||AM/PM||Training|
|Tue. 24 March||AM/PM||Training|
|Wed. 25 March||PM||Training|
|Thu. 26 March||PM||Official training（＠Shah Alam Stadium)|
|AFC U-23 Championship 2016 Qualifiers|
|Fri. 27 March||7-0||1st Match vs.Macau U-22 National Team（＠Shah Alam Stadium）|
|Sat. 28 March||AM||Training|
|Sun. 29 March||20:15||2nd Match vs.Vietnam U-22 National Team (＠Shah Alam Stadium)|
|Mon. 30 March
|Tue. 31 March||20:45||3rd Match vs. Malaysia U-22 National Team （＠Shah Alam Stadium）|
- National Teams Japan U-22 team maul Macau in AFC Under-23 Championship qualifier
- National Teams U-22 Japan: AFC U-23 Championship 2016 Qualifiers, RIO 2016 Olympic Qualifiers Round 1 opener about to begin tonight!
- National Teams U-22 Japan squad have final preparation for AFC U-23 Championship qualifier
- National Teams Two days to go for U-22 Japan for AFC U-23 championship, Olympic qualifiers opener!
- National Teams U-22 Japan squad practice lively to prepare for AFC U-23 qualifier (3/23)
- Competitions 2023/05/29 U-16 Netherlands National Team, U-16 USA National Team, U-16 Nigeria National Team squad - International Dream Cup 2023 JAPAN (5/29-6/4＠Fukushima)
- National Teams 2023/05/27 U-20 Japan National Team to play Israel for a place in the Round of 16 - FIFA U-20 World Cup Argentina 2023™
- National Teams 2023/05/26 Furuhashi and Taniguchi among players returning to SAMURAI BLUE’s squad for the KIRIN CHALLENGE CUP in June
- National Teams 2023/05/25 【Match Report】U-20 Japan National Team fail to defend first half lead in loss to Colombia - FIFA U-20 World Cup Argentina 2023™
- Competitions 2023/05/25 U-16 Japan National Team squad & schedule - International Dream Cup 2023 JAPAN (5/29-6/4＠Fukushima)