10 countries from South-East Asia to participate in JENESYS 2017 Japan-ASEAN U-16 Youth Football Exchange Tournament
28 February 2018
As part of the Japan Football Association’s (JFA) commitment to support “JENESYS 2017,” a programme promoted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan, JFA will carry out the JENESYS 2017 Japan-ASEAN U-16 Youth Football Exchange Tournament which will take place between Thursday 8 March and Monday 12 March. The event will serve as an exchange platform for the youth in Japan and the ASEAN countries.
The tournament will take place in Miyazaki city, Miyazaki prefecture, with U-16 National Teams from 10 countries under the Asean Football Federation (AFF) participating along with the board members and coaches from each countries. U-15 Japan National Team and U-16 Miyazaki Prefecture Selection Team will also participate in this 12 team competition. Participating teams from ASEAN countries will stay in Japan until Thursday 15 March to observe and experience the Japanese culture.
JENESYS 2017 Japan-ASEAN U-16 Youth Football Tournament Outline
Thursday 8 March - Monday 12 March 2018
KIRISHIMA Yamazakura Miyazaki Prefectural Comprehensive Sports Park
2206-1 Oaza Kumano Miyazaki City
U-16 National Teams from 9 countries of ASEAN (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam) and Timor-Leste, U-15 Japan National Team, U-16 Miyazaki Prefecture Selection Team
・Each team will consist with male players under the age of 16
・12 teams will be divided in 4 groups of 3 teams
・Round robin group stage followed by play-offs to decide rankings
・Each teams may select up to 18 players and 6 officials
Participating teams will stay in Japan until Thursday 15 March to observe and experience the Japanese culture.
About the “JENESYS2017” Programme
The JENESYS Programme (Japan-East Asia Network of Exchange for Students and Youths) is a project advanced by the Japanese government from the standpoint of providing a sound foundation for strong solidarity within Asian and Oceanian countries through large-scale youth exchange. Aimed to promote mutual understanding and friendly relations, Japan International Cooperation Center (JICE) is in charge of conducting the programme by accepting, dispatching, and exchanging leaders of the next generation.
For more information, please visitthe official websiteof the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
- National Teams 2021/08/05 U-24 Japan National Team in search for their first bronze medal in 53 years at the Games of the XXXII Olympiad (Tokyo 2020)
- National Teams 2021/08/04 U-24 Japan National Team to play in bronze medal match after losing to Spain in semi-final
- National Teams 2021/08/03 U-17 Japan National Team Squad - HiFA Peace Memorial 2021 Balcom BMW CUP Hiroshima International Youth Soccer Games (8/8-11)
- National Teams 2021/08/03 U-24 Japan National Team “to give utmost effort to prepare” ahead of Semi-final
- National Teams 2021/08/02 U-24 Japan National Team to face Spain at the Semi-finals of the Games of the XXXII Olympiad (Tokyo 2020)