JFA Kokoro Project: “Dream Class” was Held 95 Times by 15 Local Governments on May, 2014
10 June 2014
On JFA Kokoro Project, a total of 95 “Dream Classes” were held by 15 local governments in 14 prefectures during May, 2014.
In addition, Japan Sports Association, Japanese Olympic Committee, and Japan Top League Alliance offer “Smile Sports Class” on “Kokoro Project: Reconstruction Support after Great East Japan Earthquake.” The activities for 2014 started on 27 May. In May, the class was held six times by 5 local governments in three prefectures.
Dream Teacher (at Kitashinjo Elementary School in Echizen, Fukui on 30 May, 2014)
I had a very fun time seeing kids’ honest expressions. I talked to them with the hope that I could give them some pointers for their future. I felt how difficult it was to “communicate” my message, and I learned a lot.
Class Teacher for the Fifth-year Class at Kitashinjo Elementary School in Echizen, Fukui
The class started with showing kids a DVD describing Mr. Toda’s playing days, and their eyes had been lighted up from start to finish. Some kids who are listless in everyday class were listening to Mr. Toda seriously, and I was impressed by their attitude. During the talk, he was saying that “I never gave up and continued practicing even in a dark period when I lost my confidence.” It seems that thismade a memorable impression on kids. They gave us feedback, and one was saying “I want to devote my energy to what I like without giving up.” Another one was saying that “I was able to gain confidence.” We were able to rethink that we can make a leap because there is a period we endure tough time. Kids tend to avoid things they don’t like and things that are difficult when such things are troublesome and make them feel tired. However, from now on, I will remind them of the talk by Mr. Toda and let them try various things with utmost effort. Thank you very much for coming today.
- Competitions 2021/12/03 Hiroshima to play a match with plenty of title implications in the WEST - Prince Takamado Trophy JFA U-18 Football Premier League 2021
- Competitions 2021/12/02 The top three teams of the Nadeshiko League to make appearance from the second round of the Empress's Cup JFA 43rd Japan Women's Football Championship
- National Teams 2021/11/30 【Match Report】International Friendly Match between Nadeshiko Japan and Netherlands Women's National Team ends in a scoreless draw
- Japan Football Association 2021/11/30 JFA renews partnership with FC Bayern München
- Competitions 2021/11/30 Shijukara Club Tokyo 50 crowned as champions for the first time at the JFA 20th O-50 Japan Football Tournament