Uruguay national team have arrived for KIRIN CHALLENGE CUP 2014
04 September 2014
The Uruguay national team have arrived in Japan on Wednesday 3 September for the KIRIN CHALLENGE CUP 2014, which will be held on Friday 5 September at Sapporo Dome, Hokkaido.
As most of the players and staff visited Japan last year, there was a relaxed atmosphere around. They are having a good rest at the moment in order to recover fully after their long trip to Sapporo.
OTERO, Deputy Head Coach
Japan is so developed and organised, and I am always impressed that people respect others.
Although Japanese football players have got very high skills, there seems to be something missing in order to actually score. Having said that, Japan is one of the most excellent teams, and a match against Japan is very important for us.
It’s a little difficult to adjust the player’s condition for this game, as it’s the first match since the World Cup. I guess it’s same for Japan as well.
I hope Japanese football supporters will see the aims of both teams at the game and enjoy the match.
Maximiliano PEREIRA, Number 16
I visited Sapporo six years ago once. Japan is a beautiful country and the people are so polite, which I appreciate. I have the impression that the Japan National Team have raised the level of their game very much these past several years and there are many good players, who play swiftly and work very hard.
We’d like to play to the max as usual, respecting our opponent. Please enjoy watching the best game.
Egidio AREVALO RIOS, Number 17
It’s my third trip to Japan. I’m pleased to be here again, as this is such a beautiful country. Although I know the coming match is very important for Japan with a new head coach, it’s also very vital for Uruguay in terms of building up our playing image. We’d like to play well and show you a spectacular game. So please enjoy yourself.
- National Teams 2014/09/04 Aguirre Japan tune up in closed practice
- National Teams 2014/09/03 Uruguay National Team arrive for KIRIN CHALLENGE CUP 2014(@Sapporo Dome)
- National Teams 2014/09/03 Samurai Blue get to work with full squad - 2nd day of Sapporo Camp
- National Teams 2014/09/02 Aguirre, Japan national team gets to work in Sapporo training camp
- National Teams 2024/02/22 【Scouting report】One of Asia's strongest teams aiming for a third Olympic appearance (Women's Olympic Football Tournament Paris 2024: Asian Qualifiers Final Round) - DPR Korea Women's National Team
- National Teams 2024/02/16 U-16 Japan National Team squad & schedule - Turkiye tour (2/24-3/5)
- National Teams 2024/02/16 U-15 Japan National Team short-listed squad & schedule - Training Camp (2/19-2/23＠Chiba)
- National Teams 2024/02/13 U-20 Japan Women's National Team squad & schedule - AFC U20 Women's Asian Cup Uzbekistan 2024 (2/19-3/18＠Uzbekistan)
- National Teams 2024/02/08 Nadeshiko Japan (Japan Women's National Team) squad & schedule - Women's Olympic Football Tournament Paris 2024 Asian Qualifiers Final Round vs DPR Korea (1st leg 2/24＠Prince Abdullah AlFaisal Stadium, 2nd leg 2/28＠Tokyo)