Funabashi Municipal and Ryutsu Keizai Kashiwa to clash again following epic battle at the All Japan High School Soccer Tournament Qualifiers - Prince Takamado Trophy JFA U-18 Football Premier League 2020 Kanto
26 November 2020
The sixth sec. of the Prince Takamado Trophy JFA U-18 Football Premier League 2020 Kanto will take place on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 November.
Yokohama F. Marinos Youth (Kanagawa) will welcome Omiya Ardija U18 (Saitama) to their home. Following last week’s 4-1 victory over Funabashi Municipal High School (Chiba), Yokohama FM is now ranked in second place, scoring multiple goals in four of the five matches played thus far. Omiya has also won their match last week, earning their first win of the season, while handing Yokohama FC Youth (Kanagawa) their first loss of the season.
FC Tokyo U-18 (Tokyo), who is currently leading the league, will face Urawa Red Diamonds Youth (Saitama). The Tokyo side is yet to concede a goal, as they enter this week with a record of three wins and one draw. As shown in their record, two wins and three losses, Urawa has lacked consistency this season, but their two wins were both shut-out victories, showing that they are still a force to be reckoned with.
After seeing their fifth sec. match getting postponed due to the effects of COVID-19, Kashiwa Reysol U-18 (Chiba) will play their first league match in nearly two months, when they welcome Yokohama FC to their home. The Kashiwa side has scored five goals in their previous four matches, so their defence will play a key role in their search for their second win of the season. Last week, Yokohama FC has suffered their first loss of the season. In order to be back in contention for the title race, they will seek to bounce back to their winning ways this week.
Perhaps the most intriguing card of the weekend is the “Chiba derby” played between Funabashi Municipal High School and Ryutsu Keizai University Kashiwa High School (Chiba). The two sides have just recently clashed at the prefectural final of the All Japan High School Soccer Tournament on Sunday 15 November, in which Funabashi Municipal won by a score of 1-0. However, following that match, Funabashi Municipal has lost to Yokohama FM 1-4, while Ryutsu Keizai Kashiwa won their match 2-1 against Urawa. It will be interesting to see if Funabashi Municipal can win back to back matches against their prefectural rival, or if Ryutsu Keizai Kashiwa can have revenge from the All Japan High School Soccer qualifiers.
Prince Takamado Trophy JFA U-18 Football Premier League 2020 Kanto
League duration: Sat. 5 September - Sun. 6 December 2020
- Competitions 2020/11/24 Ryutsu Keizai Kashiwa wins crucial match to keep title hope alive - Prince Takamado Trophy JFA U-18 Football Premier League 2020 Kanto
- Competitions 2020/11/19 Which team will shine coming off league break - Prince Takamado Trophy JFA U-18 Football Premier League 2020 Kanto
- Competitions 2020/10/12 Tosu defeats Higashi Fukuoka in matchup between two Premier League sides - Prince Takamado Trophy JFA U-18 Football Super Prince League 2020 Kyushu
- National Teams 2021/01/26 Comments of Coaches and Directors following the cancellation of the AFC competitions
- Players Development 2021/01/21 Player of JFA Academy Fukushima attends AFC eGoal Social Responsibility Programme
- Grassroots 2021/01/20 Kids Traveling Guidance Report (December)
- Respect 2021/01/18 Activities to eliminate physical and verbal abuse in Basketball - Elimination of Violence in Football Vol.100
- Coaches 2021/01/12 The 12th Football Conference comes to an end after discussing the “past” “present” and “future” of Japanese football for three days