Japan Women’s National Team short-listed squad kick off training camp in Chiba
05 September 2016
The Japan Women’s National Team short-listed squad began their four-day training camp in Chiba from 4 September.
For the team who will compete in the Asia Cup in two years and look ahead at the World Cup after that, this four-day camp will be valuable. Coach TAKAKURA Asako told her players, “I would like every one of you to take leadership."
After warm-ups, they were divided into two groups in the training this day. The players who played in the Nadeshiko Cup final went through recovery training while the others, after a ‘breaking-the-ice’ exercise, worked on 8-on-4 ball possession drills and 5-on-5 plus one neutral player game for about an hour.
Meanwhile, KUJURO Koichi, coach of the Japan national deaf football team, TORIUMI Rena, ABE Natsumi and OKAMI Shihoko, players of the team, visited the training. Kujuro said, “it was interesting to see their training and we would like to apply some of it for our own camp,” while the three players stated, “each player showed high motivation and they displayed excellent collective plays.”
DF SAMESHIMA Aya (INAC KOBE LEONESSA)
In this short training camp, I would like to understand what I’m expected to do on this national team and what kind of football I’m asked to play. As I watched and heard about the Sweden game, I thought that we are demanded to move our defensive line more accurately, so I want to pay more attention to it.
MF KAMIONOBE Megumi (ALBIREX NIIGATA LADIES)
I want to understand what kind of football this team plays first and play my own game, rather than absorbing things in this short period of time. Whether it’s the league or the national team, I believe that it’s important to keep up the good work and attain positive results.
(Since Takakura became the coach) I’ve had an impression that we are asked to be stronger at competing for the ball as the entire team. I’ve been called up for the first time since the team became new, so I feel like I’m a 'challenger' in this camp.
|Sun. 4 September||16:00||Training|
|Mon. 5 September||09:00/16:00||Training|
|Tue. 6 September||09:00
Training Match *Opponent (TBC)
|Wed. 7 September||09:00||Training|
*The schedule is subject to change due to the team condition, the weather, etc.
- Referees 2022/10/01 Introduction of the referees in charge of the International Friendly Matches between Japan Beach Soccer National Team and Ukraine Beach Soccer National Team
- National Teams 2022/10/01 Japan Beach Soccer National Team hold official training session ahead of the International Friendly Match against the Ukraine Beach Soccer National Team
- Competitions 2022/09/30 Title and relegation battle continue in the Prince Takamado Trophy JFA U-18 Football Premier League 2022
- National Teams 2022/09/29 Nadeshiko Japan hold press conference to announce squad for upcoming international friendly match and MS＆AD CUP 2022
- National Teams 2022/09/29 Nadeshiko Japan to face England Women’s National Team in an International Friendly Match (11/11＠Murcia, Spain)