Switzerland Women's National Team arrive in Japan to start their training camp in Nagano ahead of MS＆AD CUP 2017
18 October 2017
Switzerland Women's National Team, who will face Nadeshiko Japan in the MS＆AD CUP 2017 at Nagano/Nagano U Stadium on Sunday 22 October, arrived in Japan and started their training camp in Nagano.
The team moved to Nagano after arriving at Narita Airport and held a practice session on the same day.
Martina VOSS-TECKLENBURG, Coach (Switzerland Women's National Team)
I’m truly grateful that we are given a great opportunity to compete in the MS＆AD CUP. I believe everyone acknowledges Nadeshiko Japan as one of the top women’s teams in the world. We sincerely appreciate this chance to play a friendly match against them. Many experienced players, who had been supporting our national team, have retired and currently we have many young and new players in the squad. To be more precise, six players have retired recently and have totalled 480 caps for the national team. Simply looking at this number, one can imagine how much experience we have lost in ourl squad.
Although it’s my first time to visit Japan, I know few things about Japanese people. Coach TAKAKURA and I are of same age group and I’ve known her since she was still a player. Moreover, ANDO Kozue was playing for FCR 2001 Duisburg, when I was a coach there. She was a hard worker and played with dedication for the team as well. I’m sure Nadeshiko Japan have many excellent players like her.
I watched all three games they had played in the United States. The Japanese team have wonderful techniques, and passes the ball very well. Capitalising on their players with speed, and the team have the ability to break through the defence as well.
As such is the case, I’m very happy that our new Swiss team consisting of young players can play against Japan. We like us to display our best performance at the Nagano stadium on Sunday. All the players seemed to be tired after a long flight, but we are looking to make a good preparation from tomorrow for the coming game.
|Sat.21 October||PM||Official Conference, Official Training|
|MS＆AD CUP 2017|
|Sun.22 October||16:30||MS＆AD CUP 2017
vs Nadeshiko Japan (Nagano U Stadium)
|Mon.23 October||PM||Training match vs Nadeshiko Japan|
*The schedule is subject to change due to the team condition, the weather, etc.
Sunday, 22 October 2017 Kick Off at 16:30(estimated time)
vs Switzerland Women’s National Team
Nagano / Nagano U Stadium
- National Teams 2017/10/17 Switzerland Women’s National Team squad, schedule - MS＆AD CUP 2017 vs Nadeshiko Japan (Japan Women's National Team) (10/22＠Nagano / Nagano U Stadium)
- National Teams 2017/10/12 Nadeshiko Japan continue to look for core players and announce squad members to participate in MS＆AD CUP 2017 at press conference
- National Teams 2022/11/27 Coach Moriyasu prepares SAMURAI BLUE ahead of “Crucial match” against Costa Rica
- National Teams 2022/11/27 【Match Report】U-15 Japan National Team lose to Spain in penalties
- National Teams 2022/11/26 SAMURAI BLUE train behind closed doors ahead of match against Costa Rica
- Referees 2022/11/26 YAMASHITA Yoshimi appointed as the fourth official for Group F match between Belgium and Morocco at the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™
- National Teams 2022/11/25 SAMURAI BLUE resume training ahead of match against Costa Rica