Japan submits the “Bidding Registration” to FIFA in bid to host the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023™
12 April 2019
On 11 April, Japan Football Association (JFA) submitted the bidding registration to FIFA for their bid to host the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023TM.
It has been announced by FIFA that nine associations, including Japan, have submitted the expression of interest form by the deadline of 15 March, but these associations will become official candidates only after the submission of the bidding registration.
The bidding process will take place in the order listed below.
The key dates of the bidding process for the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023TM
|15 March 2019||Deadline to submit the completed expression of interest form to FIFA|
|18 March 2019||FIFA to dispatch the bidding registration and overview documents|
|16 April 2019||Deadline to submit the completed bidding registration to FIFA|
|18 April 2019||FIFA to dispatch hosting documents to the member associations that have returned the bidding registration by the above deadline|
|4 October 2019||Submission of the bid book, the signed hosting agreement and all other hosting documents to FIFA|
|March 2020||Expected appointment date of the host(s) by the FIFA Council|
- National Teams 2019/08/20 Japan Futsal National Team Short-listed Squad, Schedule - Training camp (8/26-28＠Kariya)
- Competitions 2019/08/18 Nagoya Oceans claims record breaking 4th AFC title with 6 consecutive wins at the AFC Futsal Club Championship Thailand 2019
- Competitions 2019/08/17 Fixtures set for the Round of 16 at the 99th Emperor's Cup
- National Teams 2019/08/16 Japan Beach Soccer National Team finishes in 4th place after loss to Senegal at the BSWW Mundialito Nazare 2019
- Competitions 2019/08/16 Nagoya Oceans advances to Final with win over Thai Son Nam at the AFC Futsal Club Championship Thailand 2019